Pages

Thursday, May 11, 2006

"Fun and Facts" competition - What is 'in' and 'out'?

"Hey Kent! It has been long! How are you? Oh, I heard you went for audition for the talent quest. Did you get in?" I said. "Hey, yup, it has been long. Wow, you do receives news don't you? Sad to say, I did not get IN." 'In' is used to describe a situation where you are selected for some events here, or most correctly refering to a position where you are doing or being in something. For example, "Aiks! But then I have heard your voice, it is quite good! I still remember last time when you perform on stage, and that time you were in a very cool outfit. With your guitars and voice, all of the audience immersed in you show! You were like a star!" As you can see, 'in' is also used to describe when you are being in a cool outfit, and got in the show. Kent replied humbly, "Naw, I ain't that good. They were a lot more talents out there and you have not seen it." 'Out' however is the opposite of 'in', where it means to look at a broader horizon, for example 'out there'. "Don't worry too much, I'm sure there is someone out there who will appreaciate your talent. By the way, do you want to hang out some other days? I would love to go out with you!" "Gee thanks! I need some time out as well." Kent answered with enthusiasm. 'Out' is also used to describe a situation where you want to enjoy the day and have fun at a mall or some places of interest by going out and hanging out. It is also used to describe a feeling of relaxation by having a time out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Erm......dun really know wat u talking about :P