Pages

Friday, August 01, 2008

Mirror Mirror walking around

I felt a tap on my back and it was Chalis. 'Do you want this?' he asked, showing me a piece of lollipop he was eating, and only a little is left. I smiled and shook my head lightly, then I turned back. What the irony.

It has been great living with my current house mates. Introducing Chalis, Kelvin, Kien Fu and a dear old friend Jonathan.

Birthday of Kien Fu (Middle). From left: Kelvin, Chalis, Kien Fu, Eyrique, Jonathan. From My mates

Well, I have been a wonderful shooting range for them to practice their shooting skills, aka sarcasm, which I am worst at. Almost everyday without fail I will be shot in a way or two. Be it the way I watch TV, the way I eat, the way I react to certain things, the way I do everything. Gosh. Every time I really hate it when they do it. The main reason is because I do not know how to shoot them back.

Not until the tap Chalis gave me just now, I would not have realized that they have been a big piece of mirror to me. The sarcasm was actually a reflection of what I am.

Previously, I did not appreciate any of the sarcasm cast on me. I did not care much anyway. Melz has been one. I know he is sarcastic sometimes, and I know he cared for me. But all those sarcasm kind of fall onto deaf ear.

As I am living on my own now and without the naggings of my parents, I feel like I am in a mess. Perhaps I am used to nags. And honestly I am not completely on my own yet. But by my house mates sarcasm, I tend to know what sorts of things I did wrong, and hopefully I will start to change for the better.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

According to the Last lecture about death. He mentioned that 'if you doing a bad job and no body points it up to you, that's when they give up on you.'..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BODHsU3hDo4&feature=related

I found it good. Keep it up!!

Anonymous said...

Hope only?! Aiks.. everyone should aim to change for the better, no matter what aspect of life it is! You're responsible with your own life.. nobody can help you but you yourself!

"Be a man.. Do the right thing.."

Good luck dear old friend :p