Pages

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

The refurbished KTM

I was on my way home from college on Monday as usual, taking KTM to Kepong from the KL Sentral Station. In a short wait, the train arrived. It was the oldest model of train KTMB is still using to commute the passanger. To my surprise, it was refurbished. The old model which looks like a long distance passanger train was modified and it looked so COOL! They removed two rows of seats closest to the door and removed the barrier as well! A quite futuristic look I must say. This model of train used to be the most dreaded model of train especially during rush hours because it will be damn full of people and those standing near the door will be stuffed dead coz too much people, heat, stuffiness and suffocation. Good news to all those commuters who take KTM during rush hour. And WELL DONE to KTMB. But then when I was taking the KTM on Tuesday, 20.06.2006 (Yes, the special date. Whoa! So many special dates this year. Congratz to PJ coz recognised as a CITY!) the old model train was not furbished. I guess maybe they have not implement this concept on all the train. Seriously when I got on the refurbished train, it feels like a new train where I can smell the scent of new and/or renovated thingies. it was a great time on the train. Another thing I discovered was, there was a lot of announcement today. And this I must really say that the announcer of KTM is much better than announcer of the Star LRT. I can't even make out any word from the announcer especially on the Star LRT cabin! I always liked the voice of the KL Sentral announcer. His voice is good. Crisp and clear. Good command of Bahasa Melayu and English. But then, the announcement today occurs because there was a delay on certain train, if I am not mistaken it was the train to Seremban and I saw there was a huge crowd of people waiting to get on the train. Poor people. KTMB, you really need to pay attention on your operations as there are more commuters everyday because of the fuel price. Improve your services and make a great difference to our lives! Btw, there is a new destination added by KTMB. Kepong Sentral! Not sure what is the use anyway. Try it dudez.

No comments: