Pages

Monday, February 28, 2011

Devastating February

February is the shortest month of the year, and it used to be one of the most anticipated months of all. The reason is fairly simple; it is the month of the Chinese New Year and the spring festival, and it is also the month of expressing love, a.k.a. the Valentines’. The case is different for me thou. I could still recall last year’s CNY and Valentines’ day fall on the same day. Even though I get red packets, but I still feel quite lonely. This year is worse. Here I am in Liverpool, UK, without family members, and without anyone possible to fall in love with. My first day of CNY was quite bizarre. I started the day in a Buddhist temple in Manchester at 12am. Repented about the previous year and prayed for the New Year to come. In coincidence, I was interviewed by the BBC in the temple about the importance of paying a visit to the Buddhist temple in the CNY day. It seems to be a good start of the year. Later in the morning, I think I got a couple hours of sleep, and then I rushed from Manchester to Liverpool because I have a class to attend at 10am. After class from 10 to 5, I then rushed to the restaurant to work for the night shift. I was there very eagerly hoping to get red packets from the bosses, but none did. It seems that giving red packets is not a thing in the restaurant, or in the UK. Red packet means a lot to me. It is a symbol of appreciation and a symbol of getting things done smoothly. With only getting one red packet in the UK from the Buddhist temple, things doesn’t go so well. There were quite a lot of mistakes done at work; there were negligence at work and studies; and there were just quite a few misfortunes. Well, I was quite convinced that it was all because of the red packets. It has already happened anyway. What’s done is done and cannot be changed. What we could do is to ponder upon our previous actions and situation, and correct our mindset so that we don’t do the mistake again. Sometimes, it is just what you allow your brain to perceive. Things like this make me miss home. Miss my previous comfort zones. All these really drifted my mind, body and soul away from the main purpose of coming to the UK. Honestly, I haven’t even plan for the rest of the year yet. Have you? I just had a big shopping spree for groceries which is worth more than £40, and I just did the best ever Nasi Lemak I have ever made. These remedies seems to work for me, at least I think I am getting back on my comfort zone already. It is the second last day of February. I am really glad that February is about to end. Now, I should look forward to study intensively for my Master’s, and look forward the arrival of spring and summer in the UK!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

:) 9 months to go only ma..I still hv more than that

Anonymous said...

I really liked the article, and the very cool blog