Pages

Monday, November 17, 2008

Some random thoughts

I was taking the second last train back home from KL Sentral Station and was listening to some very comforting ballads. When I looked out the opened doors of the train, I saw the famous landmark in Kuala Lumpur, the Twin Tower KLCC. For a moment, I felt glad being in KL, back to warm climate, back to dressing normal tees and shorts, back to food haven, back to a place I am familiar with, and back home. But as I got home, it has been a very lame fortnight (Yea, I am home for half a month already. Time flies.).

Well, perhaps I was giving excuses to myself. I took about a week to get used to the time zone difference – a.k.a. jet lags and my new spectacles. I lazed around at home, went out meeting friends and spending money for another week. Lame huh? I have no idea why, but I have been kind of running away from the mess I left behind before I left for UK, from my unpacked luggage, from those picture proofs which I needed to sort out either to put it online for you to view or print it out to show, from things I need to do, from things needing my attention… AH! There is just so much to worry about, and home didn’t seem like a place which provokes me to work on what is pending.

Perhaps my room is too small, everything is cluttered and messy! Every time I sit down facing my table, I tend to stare at my messy and cluttered laptop to get online and in touch with friends and random people. There is just so much mess in my room that I chose to look away from these and just be a lotus eater. But every time when I went out, go to friends’ house, or visit the mall, or go to some spacious places, or even a very clean and neat room, I will want my room to be that. But as I think of how messy it is, I feel very stressed and lazy to clean it.

I have no idea why I think this way, perhaps I miss UK, miss the freedom and independence, miss the chilly weather, miss my friends in UK, or am I just feeling empty and lonely? I have no idea…

Procrastination? NOOOO!!! I don’t want to be defeated by it again! Those who know me well know this has been affecting me ever since. I still can’t kick it, yet…

I was working with my dad a few days ago, we chatted and he told me something. He said, many says his tools such as carpentry and gardening tools is very effective and sharp, it’s because he did maintenance on his tools, spent time to sharpen and oil them before putting them back to where it belongs.

As a very famous Chinese saying goes, “工欲善其事,必先利其器”, which means to get work done efficiently, tools must be sharpened first. Yes, most people do know how to work on this, but how many would want to sharpen their tools after work? Not that I know of any.

What most do is that, they only sharpen tools as required. The tools might be so blunt and ineffective that one might take one whole working day just to sharpen it. At the end of the day, no job is done. Why? It is because the whole day has been spent on sharpening the tools. Lesson - sharpen your tools after every time or most of the time you have used it to keep it in best condition for an efficient job.

*to be continued*

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ng Shu Tsung, the Baby Catcher here.......

You need to update your blog more often. You see, I care about you and want to know how you are doing.