Pages

Wednesday, February 02, 2005

My first trip to an Indian-style marriage

After Steve got me to the monorail, Stephanie called me. She told me that Ema’s sis wedding ceremony will on tonight! Why she didn’t tell me earlier? Luckily my parents allowed me to go despite I was out this noon. My sis followed me, as Steph came fetch us there. We were an hour late while we were there. The temple looked nice, the ceremony looked nice. The lights, the decors, the clothes, the crowds, the newly-weds and the heat. As you know Indians light up lots of stuff and wear so many Jasmine flowers (I think it is Jasmine). The air was stuffy and no fan for the newly-weds. The bride was sweating like she just had a bath! All her mates were wiping sweat off until they ran out of tissues! Steph and Ema were my ex-colleague while I was working as an assistant at my ex-secondary school computer lab. Steph is my pet sister too! Taking about Ema, she looked damn great that night! Here is Steph and Ema. Somebody walked around with some yellow rice grains. People took it, and I was wondering why. Nearly the end of the ceremony, not knowing what happened, after the newly-weds exchanged their Jasmine flower necklace, everybody threw the yellow rice at them. I guess it is just like the Christian’s marriage. Then, the dinner was served. It wasn’t like Chinese, where they wait for all people to sit and send up the food. It was an Indian vegetarian buffet. I like Indian food actually, and the meal was great! Especially the rice – Nasi Briyani! I’m thinking, maybe I’ll have an Indian style wedding ceremony too! Haha! The bears in front of the wedding car. So nice~

No comments: